The Ifach rock is an impressive limestone rock that rises more than 300 metres above sea level forming an isthmus that separates the beaches of Calpe. It is probably the smallest Natural Park in Europe, but the most visited in the Valencian Community.
The rock of Ifach is located 21 km from the Camping Raco, we recommend you to take the N332 in the direction of Altea and continue towards Calpe. You will be surprised by the views of the coastline, the Campomanes marina, the Mascarat tunnels and the view of the Ifach rock from a distance. Once you reach Calpe the image of the rock will direct you to its base, you only have to follow the numerous indications and you will end up in the park’s parking lot.
Easy, the first part up to the tunnel. Passed the tunnel the terrain ascends on a steep slope of 1 km. It is not recommended to access it on rainy days as the limestone rock polished by thousands of visitors becomes very slippery.
The path itself. The innumerable seagulls, special care during the nesting season from April to June, we will never see so many seagulls together. The impressive views of the coastline, the Sierra de Bernia and Olta and down the salt flats of Calpe and its extensive beaches. The climb to the Peñon de Ifach is recommended for any hiker or mountain lover.
- Next to the park we find the access doors to the Penyon de Ifach Natural Park. Visit the park information house with detailed information about the park.
- Once passed the entrance to the Park we will begin the footpath that approaches us to the viewpoint of Cavanilles from where we have wide views of Calpe.
- In the tunnel it is necessary to be careful with the limestone floor since it can slip, there is fixed rope to facilitate its transit.
- Once through the tunnel is a matter of following the path marked by the footsteps of thousands of visitors.
- Before climbing to the summit, it is advisable to approach the Carabineros’ viewpoint and spend five minutes enjoying the views of the bays of Calpe and Altea.
- Reaching the top, after a demanding and short climb, allows you to enjoy breathtaking views. This is the time for the photo shoot.
- The return will be made, with care, by the same way.