Smooth route that leads us by a paved track to the lighthouse of Albir, in the end of Punta Lombarda. Easy to walk, with hardly any unevenness and accessible to everyone.
From the Racó campsite you must go to the Albir beach and take a detour to the car park at the entrance to the Sierra Helada Natural Park.
You can access with the bus nº 10 that has its stop near the entrance of the campsite.
Easy. No difficulty at all, perfect for families. Accessible route.
- Its viewpoints make it easy to see the coastline, from the Bay of Altea to Calpe and the Peñón de Ifach.
- The mountain ranges that surround the Marina Baixa region and that favour the “famous” microclimate it has.
- The Cova del Bou, a hollow in the mountain rock which can be reached by a narrow and steep path.
- The ochre mines. Remains of old mines where ochre, a mineral used as a pigment, was extracted.
- The lighthouse. Recently restored and in operation. In its main nave there are information panels with the history of the lighthouse. Open from 10:00 to 13:30.
- From the parking lot we started walking through the checkpoint. There are toilets and drinking water.
- We will cross the picnic area where the last fountain we will find on the route is located
- Always follow the paved road
- You leave behind two viewpoints before you go through the tunnel
- After passing through the tunnel, on our right, we can see plant fossils.
- It begins a slight descent that ends at the exit of a path to the cove of the Mine.
- Going up on the left we find the detour to the ochre mines.
- Further up on the right we have the ascent to an excellent viewpoint of the cliffs of Sierra Helada
- The climb up the track ends at the lighthouse.
- The lap has the same route